Wednesday, October 12, 2011

about that post

I have been blamed and insulted enough so I removed the possibility to comment and I also invite you again to do not stop reading the title of a generic post here or anywhere around the net.

I would like to summarize few parts of that post:

on real world we should use the proper flag in order to generate files where only necessary parts of the library is included
...
I agree that at this stage can be premature to judge the quality of Dart code, once translated for JavaSript world
...
Google is a great company loads of ultra skilled Engineers
...
n.d. I have proposed a fix for Dart code
...
you may realize how much overhead exists in Dart once this is used in non Dart capable browsers
...
Was operator overload the reason the web sucks as it is?
...
everything 2 up to 10 times slower for devices, specially older one, that will never see a native Dart engine in core
...
Not Really What We Need Today
...
What are the performances boost that V8 or WebCL will never achieve ?
...
What is the WebCL status in Chromium ?
...
Where is a native CoffeeScript VM if syntax was the problem ?
...
Doesn't this Dart language look like the VBScript of 2011 ?

You can understand the whole post is not about the number of lines, it's indeed about what this extra layer means today for the current web.

I beg you to please answer my questions, any of them, so that I can understand reasons behind Dart decision.

I have also always admired Google and its Engineers, and I am asking, after GWT and Dart, why many of them seem to be so hostile against JavaScript, the programming language that made Google "fortune" on the web ( gmail, adsense, and all successful stories about Google using massively JavaScript )

Thanks for your patience and please accept my apologies since I followed the blaming mood rather than ignore it or better explain what I meant.

All of this is for a better web or a better future of the web, none of this should fall down into insults.

No comments:

Post a Comment