Wednesday, December 20, 2006

PHP API Manager for Notepad++

I've used fantastic Komodo IDE to develop for a lot of time my Python/PHP web/desktop applications but now that my portable PC "has been regenerated" from SONY I'm spendig a lot of time to re-install everything I need.

My first favourite editor was ConTEXT, a fantastic, fast and powerful editor for every kind of program language but "my last love" has been Komodo that I've won on phpclasses.org.

Difference is amazing but there's just a problem .... Komodo is too much powerful and wants a lot of resources (I've not an extremely powerful VAIO) then I've choosed to install ConTEXT one more time but I've found, inside a forum, another famous editor as Notepad++ is and I don't know why I didn't try them before.

It's exactly what I need, a fast, simple, scite based, auto-completition enabled editor, then it's fantastic because I can write PHP as JavaScript, C and many other languages too !!!

Auto-completition is just what ConTEXT doesn't have but hey, it's a must to remember perfectly each kind of function or method because You can use them with CTRL and SPACE where You want then php.api file, as javascript.api files are a perfect solution to develop quickly without an api search engine under your nose ;-)


That's why I've created two really stupid PHP files to manage PHP API, one to create a personal installation dedicated api and one to update and mantain an api with old, unused or deprecated method too.

This is the readme file:

PHP API Manager - Andrea Giammarchi [http://webreflection.blogspot.com/]

These two simple phpfiles overwrite or create php.api file for Notepad++ program [http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/]

Usage:

- notepad.dedicated.api.php

call this file to create your personal PHP configuration api.
This script create php.api file for Notepad++ program overwriting, if present, precedent php.api file version.
Use this application if You don't need other not loaded/present extensions of your php installation.


- notepad.update.api.php

call this file to update your personal PHP configuration api or original Notepad++ default php.api file.
This script create php.api file for Notepad++ program overwriting, if present, precedent php.api file version.
Use this application if You want every other php functions too that shouldn't be present on your php installation.
Please remember to copy old php.api file inside this folder before to launch this application.


And this is the link of downloadable zip file with these two php scripts (on title too).

Have fun with Notepad++ :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment