Thursday, August 13, 2009

Defeat Internet Explorer - Can You?

While I was creating a stand alone implementation of the LSSP described in my last HTML5 sessionStorage project, I did some test and bench as every Agile developer should do.

Well, what I have discovered, is that apparently Internet Explorer could perform some common task better than any other browser, at least in my good old Intel Centrino 1.6 Ghz.

I have created a benchmark page able to freeze my Firefox 3.5.2, to ask me if I would like to continue an Array.join execution with an average score that points out my Internet Explorer 8 wins with a score under 300 milliseconds against Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

As summary, is my Centrino dead or there's something we all did not consider about JScript engine?

P.S. Opera 10 beta 2 seems to score about 130 milliseconds as average, good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment